The button projection is to press the button body area on the mask layer with a pressure drum machine. This method has strict temperature and pressure requirements depending on the natural characteristics and convex and concave characteristics of the membrane switch material. The basic form is as follows:
(1) Frame line protrusion: It is used when the edge of the switch is raised.
(2) Plane protrusion: It is used when the entire switch is higher than the panel surface.
(3) Ball convex: used to process spherical buttons.
(4) Frame line protrusion + ball protrusion: not commonly used.
The advantages of the membrane switch designed as a raised button:
(1) The decorative effect of the appearance of the membrane switch is enhanced.
(2) The operator's touch is more sensitive.
(3) Accurately specify the range of the key body.
(4) Improve the recognition speed.
Factors to consider when designing a membrane switch as a raised button:
(1) A special mold machining is required.
(2) The extreme temperature of the raised polyester is 50 °C.
(3) The height of the protrusion shall not exceed 1.5 times the thickness of the material.
(4) The plane bulge should be at least 3mm or 5mm from the edge.
(5) The button raised by the frame line is at least 5 mm from the edge.
(6) Use excessive force to reduce mechanical life (for polycarbonate masks, mechanical life should be able to operate no less than 100,000 times).